Considering how many changes and questions the college admissions process holds for the high school graduating class of 2022, there is tremendous benefit to checking in on a regular basis to assess facts and dispel rumors. To that end, it was my great pleasure to join Eric Domroes and Karina Anderson from the Mendon HS Counseling Department for an interactive discussion with district 11th graders and parents about the current state of college testing admissions.
What will you learn in this video?
- How are colleges considering test scores for the HS class of 2022?
- What does test optional really mean and who do these policies benefit?
- How does selectivity influence the necessity of test scores?
- What are the most recent changes to the SAT and ACT?
- How can a student determine which test to take?
- When should students plan to take the SAT and/or ACT?
- When and how should students prepare for the tests?
- Are certain test dates easier than others?
For foundational understanding of what the SAT and ACT are, why they matter, and what you can–and should–do about them, enjoy this recording of our College Admissions Testing for the HS Classes of 2021 and 2022 Seminar from August 2020.