Earlier this week, I had the privilege to speak to a large group of families from the Pittsford and Fairport school districts. In this College Admissions Testing for the HS Classes of 2021 and 2022 Seminar, I explained what the tests are, why they matter, and what you can and should do about them during this singular moment in recent history. Attendees submitted questions ahead of time, so we made sure to address the following points:
- Does it make sense for me to take the SAT/ACT if I have a strong GPA and colleges are making it optional?
- What does test optional really mean?
- Will the SAT/ACT be required for the class of 2022?
- When should students in the class of 2021 or 2022 try to take the tests?
- How has COVID changed the role of testing?
- What is the best preparation for the PSAT? What habits should students cultivate in the two months before they take the test in October?
- What is the likelihood of the August 29 SAT taking place?
All in all, we covered everything we hoped and then some, so enjoy these timely insights into testing and timelines relevant to the COVID era and beyond. And if video is your preferred medium to learn about testing, admissions, and learning, you’ll love the rapidly-growing Tests and the Rest channel.